SFSTA invites you to sign up to help at the SF Food Bank on August 24th. Details below! San Francisco and Marin Food Banks (please visit)
When: Thursday, April 24, 2017, 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Where: SF Food Bank, 900 Pennsylvania Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94107
Enter building through receiving Entrance on South side of Building
What: We will help sort and package the food that they distribute to food pantries, children’s snack programs and soup kitchens throughout San Francisco and Marin – enough for more than 100,000 meals each day.
- Closed-toe shoes are required at all volunteer projects. Anyone wearing sandals, flip-flops, or any other shoe with an open toe will not be able to participate in the project.
- Because you’ll be helping to repack food, please wear casual and clean clothing, long pants, securely fastened jewelry, and comfortable (no open-toe) shoes.
- We suggest dressing in layers, as the temperature in the warehouse is often cool.
- Please utilize available free street parking in front of our building (4-hour time limit) so that our agency shoppers can use our parking lot to load their vehicles.
Where to Report:
- We ask all volunteers to sign in upon arrival. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your shift to sign in.
- Weekday (9 am to 4 pm): please report to our reception area at the main entrance
- Weekends & Evening (6 pm to 8 pm): please enter the building through our Receiving Entrance on the south side of the building near the loading dock